Thursday, August 4, 2011

Study Spot

I am desperately missing my Canadian library system. As classes are now in full swing during the second week of school I have a lot of reading to do. Usually I would camp out in the library to complete this, but in Australia, there are some obstacles.
The main one being that the library is a place of social hour, cell phones are allowed, food is allowed and no one has to be quiet. I swear that people met up to have lunch in the library right beside my table and were playing YouTube clips while eating pizza! Anyone reading this who has attended Carleton would know that SEVERE punishment for any of these fun activities would be the consequence in our library.
This meant that after re-reading the same sentence for an hour I had to find a new, more productive and quiet, study spot. 
Here is the place that I found. A lovely garden near the bus stop at the school, complete with ducks to watch when I want a study break, a bench and some sunshine. La Trobe's campus is truly beautiful and I began to wonder why I bothered to go to the library in the first place!


Being a good student

my view

essentials


My entertainment

1 comment:

  1. Haha i know that place! It's next to the David Myers building isn't it?
    Yeah I agree with you when it comes to the library but still i usually find a quiet spot in there somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete