Saturday, August 27, 2011

Shrine of Remembrance

This weekend I had the pleasure of visiting the Melbourne Shrine of Remembrance. It was a beautiful building filled with war medals and memorials with an awesome view of the city and ocean. It was really interesting to see the war from the Australian perspective from where they served to the style of memorial. In one way it did remind me of Ottawa's Parliament Buildings because it has an ever burning flame as well. 
These are the pictures of it from today, there are a lot but I just couldn't leave any out:








Nathalie and I in front of a British flag, signed and sent over by soldiers to Australians





View from the top


Ocean
It was a great day visiting, what I think, is an important memorial. This area is the most visited war memorial in Victoria State. I'm hoping to return for remembrance day.

No comments:

Post a Comment