Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Little Things

This post is dedicated to a small thing that really makes a big difference when you've up and moved to another country. 
Running Into People.
Yes, running into people. This week, I ran into 2 friends in the grocery store. I also attended a bar night last night and ran into many people from my Master's classes and my international undergraduate friends.And, of course, on campus when you're getting a coffee or just walking to class and you see a familiar face to give "the nod" to.
When you have moved the entire way across the world, and you accidentally see someone you hadn't planned on seeing- it is THE greatest feeling!
This means that you've 
A) Been there long enough to accumulate a lot of friends
B) have familiar places that you go to 
You all know what I'm talking about. When you turn that corner and look up and say "heeeyyyy, how are you!? I didn't expect to see you here." You have a small conversation and then continue on your way to get groceries, or go to the movies, or dance away- whatever!


It's such a small thing, but to think that I can move to the other side of the world and bump into someone I know at complete random makes you feel a lot less lonely. 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy when people give me the nod, I also enjoy when people give me money and a nice pair of slacks :)

    ReplyDelete