Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Birthday Down Under

I turned 22 yesterday! It was a blast. A friend of mine also has a birthday this week so on Friday night me and my new friends headed downtown Melbourne to the Wah Wah Lounge to dance, drink and celebrate!


A nice surprise is that a good friend of mine from Carleton was in Australia visiting another friend and came down to celebrate with me. It was nice to have a more familiar face there to hang out with.


We started the night at residence where some of my good friends made us amazing birthday cakes. One was strawberry Jam and the other was peanut butter chocolate.



Then we took a long and crazy tram ride into the city to the bar. It was an amazing time. The clubs here play older music than we are used to in Ottawa, but when Jackson 5 came on, no one was complaining!


Then on my actual birthday it was the Menzie's Ball! This is the formal put on by one of the residences at school. I went with a few friends who live in that building for a 3 course dinner, all you can drink night with a band and a dj. It was a great time and nice to get dressed up :)




 I also recieved some really nice gifts from my new friends-my roommates bought me a popcorn maker, my menzies girls bought me a blue bracelt, my netherlands friend got me a pretty notebook and my canadian girls made me a huge card with all the great things about Canada written on the inside. 
Overall it was an amazing birthday down under. It is hard to have birthdays and big events away from home, but this day was a great success!

5 comments:

  1. happy birthday again! Nothing like a good popcorn maker to get you through tough times says this reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You leave the best comments Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you had a great celebration. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Julia,
    That was me. Cheers from Carleton

    ReplyDelete