Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Photography at it's Finest

So does everyone remember when I told them that I love to take pictures, but I'd never consider myself a photographer?? Well here, my dear friends, is a fine example of why. You have to know that in reading this blog and enjoying these pictures you are seeing the best of the photos I've taken. Now here is your chance to see the flip side.


This weekend, on the way to Winterfest, my friends and I found ourselves in the beautiful Carlton Gardens (strange that that was the name right?) We decided to take some of those lovely candid photos where you are caught jumping in the air and looking like you are having tons of fun.
Something to the likes of this:
Beautiful isn't it? Well... ours did not exactly turn out in that fashion. Hence, here are some tips of the Do's and Don't's of "Jump Pictures"



Well doesn't this look pleasant? Who doesn't like a squatting picture?? So the trick is to count, don't just yell out "JUMP"



 Note that even when you do count, the flash is a bit delayed. Therefore 1, 2, 3 is actually: 1, 2, 3, Press buttom, FLASH. This means your friends are already back on the ground. Try 1, 2, press the button on 3, FLASH and they will hopefully be in the air still. OTHERWISE....




FINALLY!
And then once you get the timing... make sure you have enough space for everyone to jump and be seen... note the lack of MY FACE in this photo...
We got it!
When in doubt, just jump off something! It will look a lot better and a lot more put together. No matter what, even if you don't get a good picture, it will be very fun trying :)

1 comment:

  1. I thought that first pic was yours at first, would have been doooope! Sometimes I jump on spiders, they are the worst

    ReplyDelete