Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Journey- Stage 1

So here I am in the Toronto airport YYZ. I had to switch a bunch of stuff in my luggage around upon check in because my giant suitcase was 3 lbs overweight.... Now both my checked bags have about 47 lbs of junk in them. 
My momma did very well on the goodbyes, as I had pictured something to the likes of my father prying her hands off me and her screaming "MY BABY!!!!!" So she did super well and we both had minimal water works.
Something I haven't mentioned in my packing post is that I'll be sporting the comfy look through the airport. Especially if I'll be spending the next 20 of 24 hours in the airplane. Right now I look like the above, sweatpants, tank top (all dark in case I spill something on myself) white flats and my BFF's favourite sweater, which he so kindly bestowed upon me before I left Ottawa. 


Many of the baggage people, customs officer and check in stewardess said they liked my luggage, which I take as a huge compliment as they must see a ton of luggage each shift.
Going through security was pretty smooth, other than my insulin always sets off radars. But that's what you get for trying to bring 5 months worth of vials into the U.S. 
Now I just get to sit back and wait until 6pm to board the plane. I'm stuck in a middle seat for the next 5 and a half hours... needless to say my blog once I get to LAX may be a bit spicy.
For now I'm going to grab myself some dinner in the Terminal and people creep.. I mean watch.


"Ladies and Gentlemen we are now boarding flight AA1553 to Los Angeles, please have your government issued photo I.D. ready for boarding....."

No comments:

Post a Comment