Sunday, October 16, 2011

Very Important Dates!

Hey all!
Sorry I haven't posted in a while but my life has not been too exciting. I'm in the midst of writing papers and finals as there are only 2 weeks left of classes until exams! EEK!
So here is a quick version of updates:
Today was Germany's birthday!
The Chisholm Ball is on Thursday! That means dressing up with my friends, which will be exciting
A trip to Sydney on Oct 27th-Oct 31st- which is our study week for exams, but as I only have one, I won't need a whole week 
My exam is Nov.7th
Dita Von Teese- famous for her dance in an oversized martini glass, star of Cointreau Liquor ads and just produced a new fragrance Femmetotale this month
The Burlesque Ball in Melbourne is Nov. 11th (my mommas birthday) where I'm hoping to meet Dita Von Teese
Flying back to Canada Nov.13th!
This is proving to be a busy 4 weeks and then I will be back in the land of ice and snow. I'm sooo excited to come home and see my friends and family, as well as enjoy the great month ahead.
Here are some photos of my roommate Germany's 19th birthday today. She opened her presents (chocolates, a baking recipe book, and an australian themed photo album) then we went to the Max Brenner gourmet chocolate shop/restaurant for brunch and split fondue. Next we went for lunch at the Young & Jackson's rooftop cider bar, and later on to friends of her house for a home cooked dinner. It was a solid day and I even managed to write 800 words in that time as well!
Here are the photos some are random things I've seen recently and others are from today's birthday celebration:
cool exotic flowers on my street

White ribbon in the Agora to stop violence against women

A happy birthday girl at Max Brenner with amazing fondue!

apples, strawberries, marshmellows and banana bread for dipping!


very decorated chocolate truffles
a happy me! What a study break

cupcake cakes in The Cupcake Bakery- we always stare at them


That's all for now! Hopefully post Chisholm Ball I will have something more interesting to write about. Now does anyone want to edit my essay on technologies affect on culture? anyone?.... anyone?
27 days til home!

No comments:

Post a Comment