Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!


As one of my favourite holidays I was not willing to miss out on it this year. I organized a potluck dinner among my international friends last night, and it was a great success! My friend Britain and I made 2 chickens all on our own (neither of us had every done it before). She kept saying "poor little chicken" everytime we had to do something to it, or we were screaming over the slimy-ness of them. It was quite the endeavour, but we got it done and no one got food poisoning! Horray!
And yes we did not have turkey or pumpkin pie because you, sadly, cannot get those things in Australia. It was the thought that counted!
About 25 people showed up to eat and most people brought something. We shoved some tables together and made a giant banquet table that still did not have enough room for all of us. It was great :)
I'm very thankful to have this international family in my home away from home.





No comments:

Post a Comment