Friday, October 7, 2011

Queenstown, NZ

Our last stop on the trip was to Queenstown. It's a very touristy town settled in between the mountains on the edge of a beautiful lake. Bob's Peak is the popular mountain there where you can bungy jump, para glide, and luge as well as enjoy the scenery. On our last day together the boys and I went to the top via Gondola and did the luge ride. The Luge is like sitting in a mini sleigh with bicycle handle bars. When you pull back on the handle bars you slide downwards and can steer that way. It was a quick ride and pretty fun.
In town, looking towards Bobs Peak

Gondola

Top of Bob's Peak
Another big touristy thing in Queenstown is Fergburger. A famous hamburger restaurant. I had one but Danish had 3, one each day! They were quite delicious, but I prefer The Works in Ottawa myself. 
Other than doing the Milford Sound tour we mostly walked around and enjoyed the scenery in this town. Then it was time to go back to Melbourne. 
My Fergburger- The Mr. Big Stuff

Enormous! I couldn't finish it

Outside the restaurant

At the Buffalo Bar with the crew- minus Chicago the Photographer


I really liked Queenstown, mostly because it was beautiful and right on the lake. I was very sad to leave New Zealand because it reminded me a lot of northern Canada. All in all an amazing vacation and it was great to be able to see both islands in 1 weeks time. I would go back any day!

Stereotypical NZ statue

A long long way from home! 15,257 km to Montreal from Queenstown

No comments:

Post a Comment