Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weatherful Weekend

This weekend was probably the best for weather I've seen yet in Aus! About 25 degrees and hot hot sunshine. Saturday my roommate and I headed back to St. Kilda with our bathingsuits for a day in the sun. It was lovely :) We also went to Lentils as Anything for dinner. This is a great place to get a vegan meal and it's all pay by donation. It's a really great organization and there are many outlets around the city.



Friday night I also went for drinks to watch the Ireland vs. Australia at the Rugby World Cup game in Northcote at The Peacock Hotel. It was a great time and Ireland beat Australia (I was cheering for Ireland). I dont have any pictures from that event yet, but hopefully I'll get some up soon.
Sunday afternoon it was back to Northcote for their Music Festival. This meant free live music all day long! The bands were unbelievably talented and the weather was wonderfully hot. Overall, a fantastic day and weekend. 
Now it's back to school Monday to Wednesday and on Thursday I fly out to NEW ZEALAND for spring break! September is flying by, and what a ride!

The Bon Scotts- sounded a lot like Canada's east coast bands and hilarious lyrics
lots of food stands from local venues- I had a cupcake and ice cream 

This band is the Jelly Tub Rollers and my favourite of the day

Packed crowds on High Street. They had 3 mini stages set up 

Little John- also a great band

couldnt resist this sign in a store window- you know i have them :)


All instrumental band The WooHoo Revue- very different and great

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to roll in a jelly tub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sounds of that restaurant! I'll have to try and find one when I am there :)

    ReplyDelete