Saturday, September 3, 2011

Lion-Around!






Saturdays are very quickly becoming my favourite day of the week. This week I took to the city with my friends and went touristing at one of 3 Melbourne zoos. I love animals, and my good friend from Michigan is studying to be a vet so we decided this was the perfect activity. Two other Canadians tagged along as well and made for an awesome day.


Last night I was so excited I couldn't sleep, and I can't remember the last time I was THAT excited about something. I really love animals, and we got to see TONS of them from all over the world. 
It took us 4 full hours to walk the entire zoo, but it was worth every minute. 
Map of all Exhibits





The winner of coolest animal of the day is the Platypus! Native to Australia they are cute little creatures that I mentioned earlier in my posts about sending postcards because they were on the stamp. I have fallen in love with these animals. The one we saw was very active and posed nicely for the camera.




Well enough talk, the pictures are the most important part! I've found the Lion on my journey through Aus :)



Meerkat

Penguins
Seals

Monkey

Mom monkey and baby monkey 

Tiger

Me and fellow Canadian from New Market in front of the Elephant Caution sign

Elephants

Our extra lunch guest- peacock

Giraffes

Zebras

Echidna- native to Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment